Saturday, May 3, 2008

Wandering..

I received this in an email recently from my ex-husbend, who divorced me many years ago. As the divorce papers state, ' to marry another woman.'

He wrote this and said, "This is the philosophy of my life...

Life is a bicycle built for two. My job is to sit in the back seat and pedal like mad. God sits in the front seat and steers. He knows all the roads. He knows our destination. I try not to worry about where we are going. I trust him to pick really great places. I just pedal hard because sometimes he picks paths that are really steep, just to see how hard I am willing to pedal. Once in a while I grab the handle bars and demand to steer. We usually end up off in the bushes along the edge of some bumpy, rutted road. Then he says, "How are we doing kid? Are you ready for me to steer again?" But the good part is that as long as I stay in the back seat, I don't have to worry about where we are going. I know that it is going to be great. And the trip is going to be very very special. "

Many years laters, after many paths and many great trips, I am still wandering... and still wondering about me, about him, about love, and about that God, Whom I still let guide me every day.

I hope someone will comment... ( "God, this is Gracie... I am still listening...)

No comments: